Our ‘hands on’ and holistic approach to each project has given rise to gwarchitects being commissioned to complete a number of highly specialised and world-class schools and educational projects.
These include work for many well-known and highly respected primary, secondary and tertiary educational clients in and around Brisbane and SE Queensland, including:
- Clayfield College:
- New Physical Education Centre;
- New Preparatory School;
- Refurbishment of an adjacent old hospital building (‘Turrawan’) into a new Boarding facility and commercial Kitchen/Conference facility;
- Numerous internal refurbishment projects, including the Principal’s Office and Staff facilities.
- Anglican Church Grammar School (‘Churchie’):
- Refurbishment of the heritage-listed ‘School House’ building, an existing accommodation, office and dining facility;
- Refurbishment of the existing ‘School House’ Commercial Kitchen;
- New School Laundry and Staff facilities.
- University of Queensland:
- UQ Sport Tennis Centre, café & surrounds;
- UQ Sport office building/gym refurbishment.
- UQ Rugby Club clubhouse refurbishment.
Whilst some of these projects are new developments, many have been included in refurbishments of existing buildings, where clever design is required within limited spaces. We relish the challenge of working with any building type, and heritage buildings are no exception. Our careful documentation of any existing building ensures integration of any new fitout work is seamless in all situations.
We enjoy bringing our clients concepts and requirements to fruition and we offer a high quality of service and skills for all school and educational project types. Our work on these projects is heavily service-orientated. We offer preliminary feasibility and cost studies, environmentally conscious and budget sensitive design solutions, and fully detailed documentation and contract (project) management services. We also offer material, colour and fitout/equipment consultation and selection services.