Having been personally involved in, and with, various individual and team sports for many years, its natural that our Founding Director has successfully involved gwarchitects in a number of specialised Sports Administration and Facility projects over that time. Some of these projects include:
- University of Queensland – UQ Sport Tennis Centre;
- University of Queensland – UQ Sport Gym;
- Clayfield College Physical Education Centre;
- University of Queensland, UQ Rugby Football Club – clubhouse renovations;
- Bronco’s Leagues Club – clubhouse refurbishment;
- Brother’s Junior Rugby Club – clubhouse renovations.
Some of these projects were new developments, although most have been refurbishments of or within existing buildings. This type of work calls for some clever and cost-effective design solutions, particularly when working within limited spaces. We relish the challenge of working with any building type. Our careful documentation of existing building fabrics ensures all of our new fitout work integrates seamlessly within any existing building fabric.
Our work on sports facilities is heavily service-orientated, with a significant time component set aside to understand and satisfy the needs that a particular sport generates. We offer preliminary feasibility studies, environmentally conscious and budget sensitive design solutions, and fully detailed documentation and contract (project) management services. We also offer material, colour and fitout/equipment consultation and selection services.